Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

McAfee Trail version said it found a Trojan!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PhillieB

PhillieB

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

So, my McAfee antivirus popped up told me it had quarantined a trojan and I didn't need to do anything else. Then it said it found an infected file and I didn't need to do anything else.

I scanned with McAfee, Malware Bytes and Windows Defender, and none of them found anything. I've updated all of them and scanned again, and they've found nothing.

What I'm basically asking is, should I be worried I have a trojan????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

I don't know. But I can tell you that McAfee products are the worst of the worst. If I were you I'd uninstall McAfee and replace it with any other AV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users