Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Wmf Patch Causing Problems?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 2lupines

2lupines

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 03:11 PM

I cannot open any of my photo files (jpg) and as far as I am aware this is the result of downloading the wmf patch. I say this as I cannot think what else could have caused this problem. Can anyone advise me what to do to resolve this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 03:38 PM

I am unsure about what you mean can cannot "open" jpgs. Have you checked to see what application is associated with these? Do thumbnails show?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 2lupines

2lupines
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:23 PM

Hi John, I've sorted itand all is working fine what I had to do was re-register the windows picture and fax viewer. I do not know why this happened because I didn't unregister prior to downloading the windows patch to deal with the problem. Anyway, panic over if I should have anymore trouble I will let you know but in the meantime many thanks for your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users