This is by far the strangest problem I have ever encountered. It started a couple weeks ago where my logitech usb tilt optical mouse would shut off for no apparent reason. I would unplug it from the usb port and plug back in and it would work for a short time and do it again. (Under Device Manager-Mouse-Logitech- Code 43 Windows has shut this device off because it encountered a problem or malfunctioned). It works from anywhere 10sec to 2hrs.
Now it is doing something new where if I plug in and it shuts off, and I try replugging it in, then it shows unknown device under USB HID (says no drivers installed), doesn't register under mouse at all.
I tested another mouse (this on an Ibuypower optical usb). Was working fine. And then it started to throw the same errors as the other one)??
Test Number 3 -- Microsoft wireless optical usb mouse... Now this one doesn't shut off on its own but it eventually seems to experience, I don't know what u would call it, mouse lag. It skips, slow to respond I guess. I hope that makes sense.
Ok now all 3 of these mice work absolutly fine on other computers and devices. So I don't believe the mice are the problem. Secondly my usb keyboard, speakers and printer, mp3 player and such work fine on all the usb ports. So it doesn't seem to be the ports themselves dying out. ONLY the mice are affected...wired ones are affected more than wireless.
Steps I have tryed already:
1. Unplugging all USB Devices except the mouse
2. Uninstalling and reinstalling device under device manager
3. Enabled USB Legacy under BIOS
4. Enabled PlugNPlay under BIOS
5. Ensured USB Ports were enabled under BIOS
6. Deleting INFTemp , and letting it rebuild itself
7. Deleting Upper and Lower Limits in registry and letting rebuild itself
8. Disabling Enhanced Pointer Precision under Mouse settings
9. Installing updated drivers for Motherboard and mouse
10. Repairing Windows
11. Ensured Voltage Readings are in the green(through BIOS and Asus Probe)
12. Scanned for viruses, with Avast, Superantispyware, and Malware Bytes
13. Tryed all USB ports on the computer
14. Reformatted the computer
15. Also Disabled Windows for turning off device under Power Management on both USB Hubs
I am at a total loss why this could be happening. The Logitech Mouse barely registers as working anymore, usually and unknown usb hid device now... The IbuyPower Mouse seems to work for long period of time but as soon as I start playing World of Warcraft it is shut off by Windows. And the Microsoft one seems glitchy.
Please keep in mind that all the mice work on other systems, No other USB device is failing in anyway, and Voltages are right where they are suppose to be. PLEASE HELP ME! I want my computer to work the way it is suppose too.
Edited by asiahdai, 30 June 2011 - 10:12 AM.