Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hanging at verifying dmi pool data

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dismile

Dismile

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:02 AM

my comp has been working fine for a while and then all of a sudden Avast has a spaz attack say we will restart your comp and run a scan i clicked ok. i made sure it was Avast (my virus program) and not the random pop up
sense then i cannot get my comp to boot past Verifying DMI Pool Data
I've switch the cords, reset the bios, made sure the Hard Drive was connected, restarted multiple times, ran the fixboot in win recovery console
I tried using it as a slave to my other hard drive and it works, i can access everything on there, but i want it to be fully fix cause it's a terabyte and the working hard drive is 93g and all the stuff i need off the hard drive is almost 200g so i cant reinstall windows without loosing all of it
please someone help
I'm not really computer savvy so lots of steps and pics are nice

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

Worth a look:

Verifying DMI Pool Data . . . Then System Hangs - http://www.therthdimension.org/Computers/Software_Fixes___Workarounds/_Verifying_DMI_Pool_Data______/_verifying_dmi_pool_data______.html

Verifying DMI Pool Data - http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000474.htm

With so many possible causes...the best approach is to go down the lists and eliminate possibilities one-by-one, IMO.

I would start with the hard drive.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users