Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does Searchqu.com can be transferred from USB flash disk?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Maria S

Maria S

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:40 PM

Hi,
Several days ago, my work homepage computer was change to searchqu.com. And as i dont understand about high tech thingy, i just realised yesterday by googled it that searchqu.com is a malware. The problem is, until yesterday, i used to brought home unfinished work and saved it in my usb to finished it in my notebook at home. My question is, does searchqu.com can be transferred from usb flash disk?

I have searched Searchqu, Ilivid and Bandoo, and i found none of those installed in my notebook. i also didnt found Searchqu, Ilivid and Bandoo add on both in my Mozilla and IE. But i do still have Savevid program in my notebook, as i just found out it also can give me the searchqu.com (i left my notebook at home, so i cant uninstalled it right now). But yesterday i also have scanned my notebook and both Malwarebytes n Avira resulted no malicious malware/virus found. And my notebook homepage is still the usual homepage i use. I have run dds also, and if needed i will gladly provide it.

thx for the help. pardon my poor english

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:52 PM

Any kind of malware can be transferred from any kind of media. I would recommend contacting your work IT Department.

#3 Maria S

Maria S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:38 AM

i have asked them and the problem is they dont know about searchqu.com, so they advise me to format my work computer.

But my problem here is since you said the malware can be transferred by usb, and i often use usb to transfer data from my work computer to my notebook, how can i know searchqu have transferred to my notebook? I have run the dds (i will gladly provide it if needed), and as far as i know, from both the 2 logs, i didnt found any searchqu.com in it. Malwarebytes and Avira didnt found any malware in my notebook, and both antiviruses i update everyday. And as i mentioned before, i searched searchqu, ilivid, and bandoo in my notebook and i didnt found those installed in my notebook, except for savevid (in which i will delete when i get home). and i didnt found any of those in my add-on also, plus my homepage site still in the same setting i always use.

Thanks for your fast reply =)

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:44 AM

Since you ran DDS, Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

#5 Maria S

Maria S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:51 AM

ok. will do when i get back, since i dont have my notebook with me =)
thx for the help =)

#6 Maria S

Maria S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

To : cryptodan
hi, i have read what i should do step by step before we continue, the problem is, i just got a news and tommorow afternoon i have to go to out of c for about 10-14 days, and i wont be able connected to internet during the period. and since i need to prepare for the long journey, i really dont have enough time to back up all my data in my eksternal hdd today. so, is it possible if, we continue this after i get back? maybe i'll send u message with this the thread link? sori to troubling you. and thanks =)

Edited by Maria S, 30 June 2011 - 09:58 PM.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:58 PM

Yes do it when you have the the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users