Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky Kkiller

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 steelmann

steelmann

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:59 PM

Several times, I have encountered a problem that I was not able to enter WinXP Pro SAFE Mode during a boot. A friend in a non-related forum told me that Kaspersky Kkiller can restore the ability to go to SAFE Mode. Originally, this small program was designed to remove the Conficker Virus but it apparently has other virtues. For some reason, the program may no longer be available from Kaspersky Labs' website but it can be found with GOOGLE. Search for Kaspersky Kkiller. Caution, there is a virus called "kkiller" so be certain that you download the correct file. Save it to a folder named "Kkiller" and then scan it with your antivirus program. If you have the correct file, it will be shown as clean. The file download is a ZIP file named: "KKiller_v3.4.1.zip" Alternatively, you can use this file to search on GOOGLE. The program runs in a CMD window and shows the various folders being scanned. On my machine, it takes several minutes for completion and if no malicious files are found, it reports that.

Mod Edit: Removed attachment ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 30 June 2011 - 08:53 AM.
Moved from XP to AV, Firewall, etc.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:50 AM

http://www.prevx.com/filenames/2933857705435766211-X1/KKILLER.EXE.html

Well...frankly, I always assume that there is a reason why a given program is no longer supported...by the agency which may have previously had said program.

Looking at that and the info provided by Prevx...I don't see any reason for anyone to take a risk with a download not available at the website of the assumed sponsor/developer.

Louis

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,918 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:20 AM

This is the current list of Kaspersky's Virus-fighting utilities. Severity of infection and the damage that occurs will vary so there is no guarantee they will always work
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users