Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screensaver And Winlogon

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 itcusnr

itcusnr

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:22 PM

We are using Windows XP Professional. We our computers start up, we display a warning banner. While the Warning Banner is displayed, the windows screensaver never kicks in. This is causing our warning banner to slowly be burned into the monitors. Once a user logins to the network, the screensaver will start after 10 minutes. Once the user logs out, the warning banner comes back on and the windows screensaver never starts. I have searched and searched for a registry setting. I have talked to our businesses and they do not have the problem. We installed XP from scratch on one machine and installed all of our software. We then imaged all of our other machines from the one machine. That's why it's affecting all of our computers. It's got to be a registry setting, but for the life of me, I cannot determine which one it is. Anyone know what is causing this? I can't afford to purchase 200+ monitors. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 03:53 PM

Is the warning banner related to security software? Have you adjusted you entergy setting to turn you monitor off after a certain time?

Edited by acklan, 10 January 2006 - 04:52 PM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 itcusnr

itcusnr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:39 PM

Let me add to it. Once we acknowlege the warning banner by clicking OK or hitting the enter key, we get our login screen. If we leave the computer at the login screen, the screensaver will kick in. It's only when the warning banner is displayed that the screensaver doesn't work. Is there a registry setting to limit the time the warning banner is displayed?

To answer your question, we do have a program called SCREENPASS from Birch Grove Software. But that doesn't start until you login. We do have a Netware client installed at we are using NWGINA.DLL. A friend of mine has the same setup as me and verified the date/time stamp of the NWGINA and they are the same. I would take one of his images but he has different drive mappings and would be a real mess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users