Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Glitches when HDMIing (now a verb, to hdmi) to my tv.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grundy

Grundy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

I like to play games on my big screen tv rather than my 15.6" laptop screen. So I have an HDMI cable going to my TV. Some games work great but when I try to play a game (CIV 5) it minimizes once the beginning video ends or when I hit a button. I cannot open it once its minimized and can only close it by going to task manager, no right clicking it to close. The menu audio is still playing by it stays minimized and not in full screen. It works fine when I am on my laptop screen and this problem only happens when I am putting out through an HDMI cable. I am running windows 7 64-bit. Thanks for any help in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wiczjr

wiczjr

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

2 things that I would initially try:

1) Press the start button, type: desk.cpl and press enter. Set your TV as your primary & disable your laptop screen.

2) There should also be a fn key combo button on your laptop....a little symbol on one of your function keys that will look like a little mini tv screen or monitor screen; use that combination after you hook your TV up.
Both faith and fear may sail into your harbour, but only allow faith to drop anchor.

#3 Grundy

Grundy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:40 PM

I am in projector only mode if that is what you mean. When I switch to duplicate the TV picture turns purple tint but thats a diffrent issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users