Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista 32-bit: problem with new video card/drivers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 krzyzstof

krzyzstof

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

Hopefully i am posting this in the correct forum.

Old video card stop working, it was clearly past its life expectancy so I went ahead and bough a brand new one and installed it. NVidia GeForce GT 430 is the card i purchased.

After taking out the old one and putting in tha new one, i am still having issues installing the drivers for the card. I have so far tried three different methods..

-NVidia installer
-Microsoft Found New Hardware Wizard
-CD that the video card came with.

It simply refuses to install correctly. Furthermore after these attemps, i find a new error after restarting and attempting to reboot normally: PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA. And so now i must do everything in safe mode. i have tried installing the drivers in safe mode also to no avail.

So i am guess i can sum this up with two questions....

1) Why will these drivers simply not install?

2) why am i getting error message (PAGE FAULT)?

A gracious thank you to anyone who can give me a hand.

THANKS!

if anyone needs more info just ask

Edited by krzyzstof, 29 June 2011 - 07:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users