Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard drive led light isnt comming on?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AishaTynan

AishaTynan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hey guys! This is my first time to post so excuse any mistakes i make. I turned on my PC one day, it is an IQon pc, and the light will not flash! Im guessing it's to show the hard drive activity, and i must have none! The power light is on and sometimes it makes a really loud fan sounding noise. But the screen is getting no signal, even when plugged in! I just don't get it! I hope this can be solved without having to replace a hard drive or something because im having some financial difficulties and it's very hard to buy a new one. It used to say OC failure when it was booting up, but i just ignored it because it worked when i continued, but how foolish was that? Now it's not working at all!

Edited by AishaTynan, 29 June 2011 - 07:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

Do you have a graphics card installed? It sounds like a possible motherboard issue. If you aren't getting any notification lights (i.e hard drive activity light) but here the fans running loud typically it calls for a motherboard replacement. Depending on the age of the computer the price can vary.

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am thinking power supply.
I dont have time to research it right now but I have never heard of IQon.
Is the system in the US or overseas?

"It used to say OC failure when it was booting up"
Can you explain that a little more?
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users