Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows installer popup wants disks for corel 6, it is already installed and I can't install/uninstall anything while it is up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 markevens

markevens

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

This issue began after running a norton registry cleaner.

I've got an Dell inspiron 1300 with XP sp3.

There is a windows installer popup that is asking for instal disks for Corel Photo Album 6. I don't have the disks as the computer never came with them. In my research for a fix, I have found that sonic update manager was the culpret for other people.

I have the option to cancel the setup, but when I do it immediatly starts right back up.

I tried uninstalling the corel program, but windows won't let me install or uninstall anything while that windows installer is still up. I can't even shut down properly. If I end the process via the task manager, it starts right up again.

I have tried using AdvancePCTweaker. AdvancePCTweaker was able to install and run, and I tried uninstalling Sonic Update manager, which in my research found to be a likely cause. I tried to uninstall it, but I once again was blocked by the windows installer that was already running. Sonic update manager appears in the add/remove programs list, but it does not have an option to remove it.

I also tried running the Windows Installer CleanUP Utility, but it would not install because of the already opened windows installer.

I also tried revounistaller, but it could not install because of the already opened windows installer.

I also found a hotfix for sonic download manager (isum_hotfix.exe) but it did not run properly, again because the windows installer was already up.

I have also tried wisefixer, which was able to install and run, but it wanted 50 bucks for the full version to fix it.

Some time ago, I had a similar issue with the sonic download manager, and I used a utility to correct it. I can't remember the utility.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
No installation required.
Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type:

Posted Image

Attach the file to your next reply.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 markevens

markevens
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

Sorry for delay, I was gone for a few days. Here is the autorun file. Thank you for the help.

Attached Files

Edited by markevens, 02 July 2011 - 03:21 PM.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

Your computer seems to be infected as well.
We'll go back to it, but first let's try to solve your primary issue.

Re-run Autoruns, click on "Logon" tab and UN-check following items:

+ "Corel Photo Downloader"
+ "dla"
+ "DVDLauncher"
+ "igfxpers"
+ "igfxtray"
+ "ISUSPM Startup"
+ "ISUSScheduler"
+ "Microsoft Default Manager"
+ "MimBoot"
+ "MMTray"
+ "MSN Toolbar"
+ "My Web Search Bar Search Scope Monitor"
+ "MyWebSearch Email Plugin"
+ "MyWebSearch Plugin"
+ "SunJavaUpdateSched"
+ "TkBellExe"
+ "Digital Line Detect.lnk" (leave this one alone, if you're using dial-up)
+ "dlbcserv.lnk"
+ "Microsoft Office.lnk"
+ "QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk"
+ "DellSupport"

Restart computer and let me know how it goes.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users