Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win32/patched.naw

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tonycubed2

Tonycubed2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

Greetings, my Name is Tony and I am a network engineer/computer consultant with 20 plus years experience. I feel old.

I have a custoemr with Nod32 as the main protection and it has worked great in the past. But in 48 hours two pcs have a nod32 alert that says
the sfc_os.dll file is infected with win32/patched.naw . After much researched I used combofix an dit found a root virus.
I still had to boot in safe mode to repplace the patched file with a legit version, and then updated everything.
But is this the best way to deal with the infection? Do we know if this is spreading in oher places lately or I am a
isolated victim? And how did it get past nod32? Pardom my dyslexia. I did a search in the forums but nothing came up.
First time here in the forums so I am not sure if I am doing any of this right.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users