Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bjxnlkur?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kniht

Kniht

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:52 PM

Like to go through services to see what's started and what isn't, came across a new service BJXNLKUR. It may have been something I downloaded and then got rid of. The service isn't started and I don't plan on starting it. Anybody have any idea what this service pertains to? Nothing shows up in a search of my PC.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:51 PM

Kniht:

Not sure. Nothing showed up in any of my searches in Google, our Startup Database, Castlecops, and more...
Have you checked your computer for Malware/Spyware. If not, you should probably do this now.

I would recommend that you install(if you haven't already done so) Ad-aware 1.06, and Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4. After they are installed, run a scan, and remove any items detected.

Please see the following tutorials for details:
Using Ad-aware to remove Spyware, Malware, & Hijackers from Your Computer
Using Spybot - Search & Destroy to remove Spyware , Malware, and Hijackers

If there are any problems with the removal of the detected items with these programs, you could also try to run the scans within Safe Mode.

How to start Windows in Safe mode.

You should also run the following on-line scans:(They do not work in safe mode)

Housecall Anti Virus
Panda Anti Virus

Good-luck. Let us know how you did with the scans.
JC

#3 Kniht

Kniht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:45 PM

Thanks Josuacat for your reply.
Have run Adaware SE, Spybot, Microsoft Antispyware, Spy Sweeper, Ewido, NOD32. Nothing shows up on any scan. I also have searched the net to no avail. Will run another scan with Ewido, this time I will select "all files" option. The first scan I did with Ewido "file extensions" was checked. If all else fails, think I should run Hijack This and post the results? Will let you know how my rescans turn out. If this is some kind of crap someone put on my PC, it ps's me off that these a'holes have nothing better to do with their lives than to mess with honest folks!!! Where were creeps during the Nam war. We could have used them over there. Plenty of VC they could have messed with!!!!!! Have always taught my kids it takes a special person to create good, but any jerk can destroy! (glad I got that off my chest) Anyway, I'll quit getting so emotional, will try to figure this out in a rational manner. Like I said, will you posted.

#4 Kniht

Kniht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:22 AM

Ran all the scans again, Joshuacat, nothing shows up. By the way, in my previous post it's supposed to be "will keep you posted" not "will you posted" was up late. Don't think right. I disabled the service so I guess if it is needed, I'll be notified the service needs to be started. Maybe then I'll find out what it is. In properties of BJXNLKUR, "allow this service to interact with desktop" is checked. Have ZoneAlarm firewall, so if it were something trying to send info out, my firewall would notify me this service is trying to connect with the internet (hopefully). Will continue to investigate.

#5 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:15 AM

:thumbsup: No problem. I knew what you meant. From what you are telling me it looks like you are clean.
For peace of mind, you could post a log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum. The only thing is, the HJT team is swamped with logs, so it may be a few days before a volunteer team member can look at your log.

Personally, I wouldn't start the service. Perhaps, the disabled service was active at another time and you fixed that issue..?

Like I said, if you want "peace of mind", post a HiJackThis Log in the forum that I linked to above.

...By the way...I feel tha same way...Re: Your Post - Yesterday, 10:45 PM

Take care,
JC

#6 Kniht

Kniht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:41 PM

Thanks, Joshuacat, for your help. When I find out what BJXNLKUR is, I'll let you know just for the heck of it.

#7 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:00 PM

Sounds good. Thanks.
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users