Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pjserina

pjserina

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:43 PM

Hello,
for starters, I'm in no way a programmer yet so newb status help is needed :thumbsup: I need help copying an embedded flash "movie" to an external source, be it Word or on my webpage if that;s the only way to do it. Quick rundown to expland upon that. The source page is an educational one. The flash "movie" is a simple graphic with buttons on it. The student clicks on each button to find out a little more information about that picture. These flash pictures are vital to the lesson but I need to rearrange them within the lesson to be of any use to what I'm doing. I am currently rearranging the surrounding text via copy+paste to Word, as well as the normal graphics, but I have no idea how to move these flash files. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there a program out there that will let me extract the file and paste it into a document, or directly to my webpage?

Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:02 PM

Are these flash "movies" copyrighted?
Do you have permission to reproduce them?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 pjserina

pjserina
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2006 - 02:54 PM

Yes to both questions. It is a curriculum software that the school purchased. We have backup's for all the text and regular graphics but not for the flash content.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:20 PM

I can tell you how to do it with Firefox, but I don't know about IE.
There used to be a freeware program for IE that would extract embedded flash files and save them, called Flash Movie Extract Pilot, but it's no longer supported.
Another company has taken over the project, renamed the program (Flash Movie Extractor Scout Lite), and stripped out the "save" feature.
You'd have to buy ($14.95 USD) the premium version to be able to save them.
If you search the net, you might be able to find someplace that has a copy of the last freeware version, Flash Movie Extract Pilot v1.10.

In Firefox, go to the page with the Flash you want to save.
On the toolbar, click Tools.
Select Page Info.
Click the Media tab.
In the top box, scroll to the file you want to save, an highlight it (single click).
Click the Save As... button at the bottom.
Name the file, and save it where you want to.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:38 PM

Since it's legal,send me a link to the Flash file.

medab1@yahoo.com

I'll try to get it.

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#6 pjserina

pjserina
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:12 PM

Thank you for the response tg1911. I will see if there is anything similar for IE and if there are any versions of that program out there.
medab1, there are quite of few of these that I need to extract, not just one or two so I won't hinder you with the multitudes, not to mention it is on a secured server that only teachers and students may enter. lol But thank you very much for the offer. Hopefully I can find either the program tg1911 mentioned or find something similar. So far, I haven't been able to find much of anything on download.com.

Just a thought, would I be able to view the source through IE, then copy the embedded flash from there? The curriculum is all on our server since we purchased it so it has to point somewhere even if it's embedded. Would I then just be able to copy that into my own page or even direct it to that embedded spot. Kind of like directing a page to a picture on someone else's site instead of placing it on your page directly? Probably a useless thought, but I get a C- for trying :thumbsup:

PS: Here's something I didn't notice before as I'm looking through this. The content is all in Javascript. so the text, flash, etc is all in one nice neat little package in Java. Considering this, is there perhaps more or less options available to me?

Edited by pjserina, 13 January 2006 - 01:22 PM.

#7 pjserina

pjserina
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:38 PM

Aha tg thank you. I was able to find the program you mentioned and it's working pretty well :thumbsup: Many thanks :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users