Pardon the interruption here.
@ Cryptodan, I've removed your post so we can get some other pertinent information first.
Please answer the following:
2) AVG detected the malware or virus.
Can you provide the complete statement AVG gives when it flags the file?
Is this the only thing it flags?
Please do not vault the file or try to "fix" it.
I'd like you to do this:
Please do the following:
submit a file to virustotal
- Use the browse button on that page to navigate to the location of the file to be scanned.
- In the right hand panel,
- click on the file that AVG flags
- then click the open button.
- The file will now be displayed in the submit box.
- Scroll down a bit and click "send file", wait for the results
- If you get a message saying File has already been analyzed: click Reanalyze file now
- Once scanned, copy and paste the link to the results page in your next reply.
Are you experiencing other computer issues? If so, please describe.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.