Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flickering computer monitor screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rhino1

rhino1

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:14 AM

Can anybody help? June 9th evening was bringing computer (which runs Windows XP) out of sleep mode and adobe flash player wanted to update. Completed update of the flash player while computer was still "waking up" from sleep mode and the monitor screen started to flicker every second (from visible view of desktop to black screen). Restarted but the same flickering happened from the pick a user screen to the loading of the programs on the desktop. Turned off power to computer then rebooted. The screen where you pick the user had patches of black and patches of the normal blue background. Moved mouse over the pick a user area and picked myself and computer got to the point of almost starting up the programs and then started to flicker again. Restarted in safe mode with no flickering of the computer screen. Ran malwarebytes, spydoctor, spysweeper, and removed all adobe programs. Restarted in normal mode and same flicker started from the pick a user screen. Ran again in safe mode and ran IObit advanced systemcare V4. Restarted in normal mode and same flickering started from pick a user screen. None of the malware and spyware programs found any malicious software. Tried a system restore and that did not work either. Also with all restarts the computer is very slow loading up to the point that it almost freezes up. Posted problem in forums "Am I infected? What do I do?" and "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs". No malware was found and CCleaner disabling gretagmacbeth did not work. Was told to post in this forum (check those forum posts for specific details). Any help would be greatly appreciated and please forgive my computer ignorance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users