Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Log on page problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joestreet

joestreet

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:35 AM

Hello everyone,

Iím having a problem getting logged into eBay and other sites. When I try to Sign in the sign in page does not come up. I also have to wait a very long time to get my Google e-mail to load. I have a problem getting onto MSN and I have a weather gadget on my I Google home page and when I click on it to get the details of the upcoming weather the page wonít load. The problem is intermittent; however it exists more often then not.

I run Windows XP Professional and IE 8. I have a Verizon Mobil broadband modem plugged into a Cradlepoint router that distributes connectivity to my wife and kidís machines. They are also Window XP Professional machines with IE 8. My wifeís machine also has Firefox and if you use it the same issues occur.

All three machines have Norton 360 Ver. 4 on them. I uninstalled Norton from my machine and I still had the problem. I reinstalled Norton 360 Ver. 5 and I still had the same problem. I uninstalled Ver. 5 and I still have the problem. Iíve set my internet Security and Privacy options to the lowest possible settings.

Iím at a loss, not only as to what is wrong but no one seems to have a clue. Iíve talked to Verizon Support and they claim that there is no way possible that it is with my Internet connection. Norton says that it isnít possible that Norton is causing the issue.

Iíve downloaded Malwarebytes and did a complete system scan and it came up clean. Thank you for any help, Joe.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 joestreet

joestreet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

Hello again everyone,

I figured out what was wrong with my computer issue below and I thought that I'd post the answer in case anyone runs into this problem. The fix was very simple, I use a Cradlepoint router to distribute connectivity to my 3 desktops and it needed a firmware update. Problem solved :-)

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

Thank you for posting your results!

Good job!! :thumbsup:
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users