Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My I pod wont turn on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nancy.Felipe

Nancy.Felipe

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

My I pod wont turn on and when I try to charge it, it wont even light up. My brother claims he put it in "sleep" mode, but it just won't turn on! Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

My I pod wont turn on and when I try to charge it, it wont even light up. My brother claims he put it in "sleep" mode, but it just won't turn on! Any suggestions?

Have you backed up your files into itunes?

If you have then do the following (keep in mind by doing the following will erase all contents on ipod and i can't be held responsible for deleting your info)

Hold power button and home button down till a silver apple shows on screen. Once you see the silver apple icon let go and wait till system shows up.

If you have backed up to itunes then connect to pc, open itunes, then restore to ipod.

After this you will be back up again.

Edited by herg62123, 29 June 2011 - 08:47 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Nancy.Felipe

Nancy.Felipe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

Sorry should have been more specific, its the 1st generation Ipod, those big bulky ones that came before the Itouch. :P

#4 LJohnson13

LJohnson13

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:16 AM

Possibilty. He Flipped the Lock Button.
Puts in in a unlockable Standby Mode until U flip that Tiny Switch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users