Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP DV9000 LCD all RED at startup, Desktop images flicker w/red accents

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 parrotmania

parrotmania

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:20 PM

I banged a corner of my HP DV9000, while it was in the laptop bag. Now, upon startup the screen is all red, with HP logo as usual, then the desktop images lighting flickers, with red accents on some images. The red images "vibrate" but do not disappear. The blue sky of the desktop image has "clouds" where a clear blue sky was before.

I am posting from this laptop and as I type this, from a google page, one would never know there is any issue. However, the desktop image is the only image that "vibrates" where the red is. Some other images, on web pages, have red where black is supposed to be.

I am here to ask how to troubleshoot this issue, to find the cause of it. I am not replacing a bunch of parts before knowing what is wrong.

Please advise....anyone....everyone...thanks :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users