Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deploy.jar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PixelHo

PixelHo

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

I'm a photographer who uses the ROES Java-based system for placing orders (3 different labs). Yesterday as I was configuring orders for 2 of the labs, deploy.jar (ID'd by Comodo) managed to download in excess of 200mb of something to my computer.

I can't find any single file that is close to that size and a general search for all files created or modified within the last 24 hours doesn't lead me to any group of smaller, unrecognized files that might have been delivered to my computer during that time.

So, what is this? I don't think this has ever happened before and I would like to know if this is normal behavior (my guess is no, but I'm not the expert -- that's why I'm here).

XP SP3

Thanks,
Howard

Edited by PixelHo, 28 June 2011 - 03:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PixelHo

PixelHo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

Never mind -- it wasn't a few files I needed to look for, it was dozens. Apparently all the product catalogs from the labs got updated. Along with the date parameter, I set my original search to find files 10mb and larger, which completely missed all the files the labs so considerately sent me.

Pass the dunce cap, please...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users