Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

audio device on high definition audio bus driver

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kanifala

kanifala

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:00 PM

I had posted this topic in the windows xp forums but couldn't find a solution, So I'm hoping maybe I can find it in this forum. I had to reinstall my operating system which is Windows XP service pack3. I have a Dell XPS630i desktop computer. I have the drivers and utilities cd that originally came with the computer. On the disk are instructions on the order of driver installations. I installed everything as it said but when I go into device manager I see the yellow question mark next to audio device on high definition audio bus. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers, I've found the driver on Realtek's website and downloaded it but still no sound. The Windows software wizard also couldn't find anything for it either. Audio type is HDA 7.1 channel. The driver is Realtek audio ALC888 HD audio. The driver on the dell website is the same one I have with the disk. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users