Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor.Tidserv.L inf how do u remove it?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Penalty

Penalty

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

How do u remove this virus Backdoor.Tidserv.L? im not very good at removing viruses so it'll b my first time it happened last Friday when I was done playing Eden Eternal, when i scanned it, it said failure to remove, btw I'm using Norton as my anitvirus program. When I asked for help on the Norton website, it brought me here http://securityresponse.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-082613-5957-99&vid=38307 and followed the instructions and it said to download Norton Power Eraser which I did and used it but then again when I used to it the Backdoor.Tidserv.L inf didn't disappear and then i went back to website and I saw and downloaded Norton Bootable Recovey Tool Wizard, when I used it nothing changed, and so I'm stuck and don't know what to do so, and it said that it isn't harmful and it's very easy to remove but then it was difficult for me and I was to get the Blue Screen of Death again so that's why i want this gone and it's really annoying how Norton kept on telling me to remove it but when I tried on doing so it doesn't work :(
and...yea, How do I remove this annoying virus?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:18 PM

first of all you need to download malwarebytes antimalware which is found here
however if you cannot get to the site on your infected computer you will need a cd or flash drive and you will need to put the installer on the cd or the flash drive after thats done install malwarebytes antimalware and update it then do a quick scan with it then post the log it gives you here
how ever if you can not run it in normal mode boot into safemode and run the scan
How to boot into safemode? one reboot the computer then keep pressing f8 softly untill it gives you the option to boot into safe mode and selete the one with safe mode with networking

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users