Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Access Login Screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MilesJ

MilesJ

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

Hello my boss has given me his laptop which has appeared to have crashed. We are able to power on the laptop and when we select "Start Windows Normally" the computer proceeds to boot. It displays the Windows Vista progress bar as it load and soon that vanishes and we are left with a white arrow and black screen. I was unable to boot into any version of Safe Mode as the same problem occurs. I am however able to access the "Repair Your Computer" option; I attempted a System Restore however he had no saved restore points. I have also tried "Last Known Good Configuration" with no luck.

The only way for me to get past the black screen with arrow is by using the "Repair Your Computer" setting. Once there I am unable to proceed as I am no longer sure what to do...any ideas?

It appears to be Windows Vista Home Premium not sure of the version as I am unable to access the computer.

Thanks!
Student of Networking & Network Security

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users