Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer
My name is etavares and I will be working with you to fix your computer.
Please take note:
- If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know.
- Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
- If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.
- Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting. If you will be unable to respond (e.g. vacation, travel, etc.), please let me know ahead of time.
- Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.
While we wait for you to have access to the computer, a few other questions:
Have you tried this guide on How to Remove Windows XP Repair
? If not, we'll start there to regain control, then scan deeper.
Also, do you have access to a clean computer and an empty USB flash drive? If worse gets to worse, we'll use that to bypass the infected Windows installation. Please let me know. Thanks!
If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.
Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators