1) Detection Rates.
2) Protection Technologies e.g Signature Based, Generic and Pattern-based, Heuristics Detection, Behavioral Scanning etc.
3) Protection Features e.g Firewall, Antispam, Parental Control, Antirootkit, Privacy Control, Sandbox Feature, Rescue CD, etc.
4) Ability to remove infection traces completely.
5) False Positives.
6) Additional Features offered e.g Tuneup, Backup/Restore, Vulnerability, Encryption, Game/Silent/Laptop Mode, etc.
7) Self Protection feature and ability to install, if the system is already infected badly.
8) Technical Support.
9) Resource Utilization (Not resource hogging).
10) Small Installation Footprints i.e occupy less space after installation.
11) Able to restore/undo any unwanted changes made by the virus in the system.
Edited by ONT, 28 June 2011 - 03:09 AM.