Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2pin graphics card audio connector

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jayme1112

jayme1112

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

i have a graphics card installed on my motherboard that requires a 2pin connector from the graphics card (nvidia 9600 gso) to the motherboard(D945GCcr) which is a 2pin connector as well. the one connected to my gpu is white and the one that goes to the motherboard is black. problem is, i can't seem to find where the connector on the motherboard is located! i truly believe that the connector for the motherboard is not on there. any suggestons would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jayme1112

jayme1112
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

someone/anyone please help me out here!!!

#3 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

are u sure thats a audio plug ,as they usually are 4 pin connections .almost sound like a fan plug ,is you video card made by nvidia or is it just a 3 party ,using the nvida chipset
i google you model listed but don't see any plug on them except 6 pin power plug

did you check your motheboard manual for location of the plug ,if you don't have have one ,you can download one at the intel website

Edited by caperjac, 28 June 2011 - 03:36 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:41 PM

That board doesn't seem to have an SPDIF connector. http://www.cstore.com.br/arquivos/produtos/pdf/i748nfrmclipdf_caminho..pdf

Options- New motherboard, new soundcard with internal SPDIF out, A newer NVidia or ATI/AMD card that does onboard audio decode.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 jayme1112

jayme1112
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:16 PM

i didn't think there was an SPDIF connector either. thank god i am not loosing my mind! well i guess i will have to purchase a sound card with connector on it. i just bought the motherboard and the gpu. so won't be buying/upgrading those anytime soon lol! i did find a pci audio card with the connector though. also, if anyone ever needs to find an audio card with a SPDIF header, try the ASUS SONIAR audo cards. they come equiped with them. AUDIO CARDS WITH SPDIF HEADERS (meaning actually on the card itself) ARE VERY HARD TO FIND LOL! thanks for the help and for verifying what i thought already!!!

#6 jayme1112

jayme1112
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

for the record, my video card has no 6 pin power plug anywhere on it. the card is straight plug and play. with the exception of that damn SPDIF connector lol! which i now have an answer for!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users