Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Connect: Driver

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SeanDuck

SeanDuck

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

Just setup old desktop to give to my Dad. Re activated Windows XP over the phone and I cannot connect to internet (wired).

When I go to device manager I have the yellow question marks on the following:

Ethernet Controller
Multimedia Audio COntroller
Other PCI Bridge Device
PCI Memory Controller
RAID Controller
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

As far as I can tell this is the old motherboard: DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

which if I researched correctly has a Dual Gigabit LAN - Vitesse VSC8201 Gigabit Phy and Marvell 88E8001 Gigabit PC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BrendanT

BrendanT

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

Hey Sean,

What you will need to do is jump on a PC that does have internet access. Go to the manufacturer's website either of the PC (if it's branded) or the manufacturer of each individual part and get the drivers for each missing item. Below is a link to the Marvell NIC Drivers:

Marvell 88E8001 Gigabit NIC Drivers

Hope that helps.

BT
-BrendanT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users