Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New computer initial boot problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fsiracusa

fsiracusa

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:12 PM

Out of the box new Fujitsu T Series Lifebook with Windows 7 Pro... Turned it on and it went through a two hour initial install ... rebooted and is now stuck on the initial blue screen with Windows 7 Professional at the bottom. Repeated rebooting gets no further. I am unaware of any errors or install problems and I was watching much of the time. A number of programs were automatically installed for webcam, etc. but I have had no options thus far except for which type of network (home)to connect to. Tried F8 to get to safe mode with no progress... I obviously have no DVD's as backup as I have not yet gotten to that step.

Ideas?

Frank

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fsiracusa

fsiracusa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

Fujitsu tech support (got through remarkably quickly) told me to unplug the adapter, turn it completely off and restart with F12 down which was able to get to the choose boot screen...now restoring as new from the original image on the drive...we'll see this time.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:20 AM

If the problem persists, send it back.

#4 brandobot

brandobot

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:12 PM

I agree with the previous post, if it continues send it back.

The first thing I'd try before that though is changing the SATA mode in BIOS to IDE or compatibility if it's in AHCI and disable USB Legacy support. I've run into some issues with these settings when dealing with some windows 7 installs. It usually just causes freezing. If no success ^
-Brandon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users