Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Classic Will Not Remain As Default Setting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thomasnc41

thomasnc41

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:23 AM

Recently I added an additional hard drive to my computer. I transfered all the data from the old drive to the new drive then made the new drive the boot drive. Then the following problem began:

I set my desktop settings to "classic" via the display properties screen. After I shut down, not restart, the windows xp style reappears on my taskbar, windows explorer and outlook express. The start up menu will stay in the classic style. One of the things that is a bit confusing is that it doesn't do it everytime I shut down. Yesterday everything started up fine, this morning it went back to the windows xp style. It may revert to the windows xp style for 3-4 days in a row then one day everything starts up normal and I'm in 100% classic mode which is what I want.

Got any ideas............................Thanks, Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bgardner

bgardner

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:20 AM

I transfered all the data from the old drive to the new drive then made the new drive the boot drive. Then the following problem began:

This sounds confusing.... so does this mean you know only have on drive??

#3 thomasnc41

thomasnc41
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:25 AM

I transfered all the data from the old drive to the new drive then made the new drive the boot drive. Then the following problem began:

This sounds confusing.... so does this mean you know only have on drive??

Sorry about the confuson. I kept both hard drives................Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users