Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Betrayal At Krondor - Application Error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 spiritcloud

spiritcloud

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:52 AM

I've been trying to play the free Betrayal at Krondor I recently downloaded. I keep getting an error when I run the setup.exe file. It tests several pc attributes fine, then it crashes and I get this alert:

Application Error
integer divide by 0

Thus, I can't get it to finish the setup process.

Also, if I try to run the krondor.exe file, it tells me I don't have enough memory. It says the same thing if I try to make a bootable floppy disk. Which is crazy, because the system requirement is 2048K and the setup says the memory test passed with lots to spare.

Any advice on how I can get the game working?
Nobility is not a birthright--it is a way of life.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spiritcloud

spiritcloud
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 03:21 AM

Nevermind. I found a solution.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:32 PM

Please post how you solved the problem. It could help other members with the same or with a similar problem with their games.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 spiritcloud

spiritcloud
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:39 PM

Egads, I am dense, eh? Sorry about that.

Apparently, this memory problem mostly pertains to Win 2k or XP, but there is also a common sound issue that is addressed with this fix. The steps are really easy, and should fix similar troubles running other older games.

Here is a link to the page where I found the solution. Credit where credit is due!

http://www.dimwood.net/bak_in_win2k.txt

And I apologice for not thinking to post the solution.

#5 aviendha bint b'char

aviendha bint b'char

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:48 AM

I am also having this error. I have to use the dosbox (0.63) to play these older games, and have tried several things suggested to me over at VOGONS, but they didn't work. (You can link to my post on the problem and their suggestions here: http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=11118)

I have also tried the suggestion of adding the EMM=RAM found here, but that did not fix my problem. Can you suggest anything else I can try?

In case you need to know, my computer stats are: 2800+ AMD Athlon XP Processor, 80 GB hard drive, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, Radeon 9200 video card (128 MB DDR, AGP 8x/4x), and (I think ) NVidia NForce sound card. I am running XP and have Dosbox-0.63.

Thanks.

#6 spiritcloud

spiritcloud
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:44 PM

Hi, aviendha.

Only advice I can give is to make sure you are adding the emm=RAM line in the config.nt file and not the config.sys file. Also, for the game to recognize that addition, the EMM setting in the EXE file properties has to be set to Auto.

I'm certainly no expert on this. I imagine there could be all kinds of factors to change what steps may be necessary on a specific system.

Sorry! :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users