Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everything is gone.....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Eeyore88

Eeyore88

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

Hi
Hubby clicked on a screen that came up telling him that he needed to "click here" because our computer is severley infected with everything under the sun. Well, he fell for it, again, and now I have nothing. My desktop icons are all gone and when I click "all programs' it is empty. If I go to add/remove hardware, the list of programs is still there but of course I can't open anything since I have been wiped out. It also tells me that I am not authorized to change anything since I am not the administrator anymore. I literally watched this thing destroy my computer. The last time this type of thing happened, a colleague was able to recover everything for me, it took him a long time but he looked at it as a challenge. This time it seems to be way worse. Luckily I did transfer most of my pictures to CD's before this happened and I have copies of resumes at work, but it makes me sad to think that there are people out there that thrive on destroying other peoples computers. It seems that most of my time on the computer anymore is spent ensuring that my malware bytes and antivirus are up to date and that the scans are coming back ok. Pretty sad to pay for internet and be scared to use it.
I am thinking that I should just buy a newer computer and chalk it up to experience.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users