Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Internet Security 2012

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 blondie21999

blondie21999

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

Hello! My dad's computer is infected with something calling itself XP Internet Security 2012. I have tried some removal steps I found online, but nothing has worked. Either the files they were telling me to look for weren't there, or the steps just didn't take care of it.

I cannot get onto the internet from his system AT ALL (I am writing this from my laptop). Can someone help me try to remove this?

THANKS!!!!!

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

Tried here?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-antispyware-2012

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:22 PM

Hello, Try this for connection try these...

Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.
Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.
Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.
Now check if the internet is working again.

OR
Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.

Edited by boopme, 27 June 2011 - 12:23 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 blondie21999

blondie21999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

Tried here?

Yes ..... The kdn.exe file is the one that I can't find on there anywhere .... I ran Malwarebytes in safe mode and it didn't find anything. After I restarted the computer to exit safe mode, Malwarebytes was no longer on the computer. Like I said, that computer doesn't have internet, so I can't download it again.

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,719 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

Did you check "boopme" advice?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 blondie21999

blondie21999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

Not yet .... I am working from my laptop at home to copy the files listed in the removal steps to try again ..... but I will also be trying boopme's advice. :)

#7 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,719 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

OK...

My Website

p4433470.gif

#8 blondie21999

blondie21999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:31 PM

Tried here?

Hello again!! I went through all the steps again and this time it seems to have taken everything off as far as the virus. The only problem now is all the programs and files on the computer will no longer open. When you click on something it opens the "open with" dialog box. This has held true with everything on the computer so far; Incredimail, IE from the quick launch bar, my dad's tax forms and programs, etc. Can you please help? THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

#9 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,719 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:04 PM

You're very welcome Posted Image

See, if we can help with programs opening...

Download and run exeHelper.

• Please download exeHelper from Raktor to your desktop.
  • Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
  • A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
  • A log file named log.txt will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com
  • Attach the log.txt file to your next message.

Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users