Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lost right button function on touch pad

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 newbie1234

newbie1234

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

Here's the problem. On 21 June 2011, my laptop was infected with a malware called "Mal_Otorun1". I have trend micro security and only trend micro security and it kept popping up every couple of seconds to warn me of the otorun1 affecting two files in my system called D:/autorun.inf and R:/autorun.inf and that the threat had been removed. After I closed the warning, it still pops up seconds later to inform me about the same threat in the same file. It has been doing so for almost half an hour and stopped after i installed windows defender from the net. When i review the log of trend security (clocking in to 824 threats stopped, in total), i found out that one of the infection was a trojan horse virus with the signature "TROJ_GEN.R4FB1CI", probably downloaded from the malware, and three cookie with the signature "Cookie_2o7" which affected the following three files: "serving-sys.com", "2o7.net" and "msnportal.112.2o7.net". Trend security removed every threat except the trojan virus and only denied it's access. Three days later, I slowly lost function of my right button touch pad, and now it's gone completely. Through advice from the net, I downloaded malewarebytes and did a full scan and found two "Trojan Agents" in my registry values, I removed the trojan virus and restart my laptop but the right button function is still lost. I am out of idea and here i am posting here, please help. My laptop is a brand new "Asus A53s series" i bought about 2 weeks ago. Any suggestions and solutions are deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Kev

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

this could be a problem with your laptops hardware or its a virus disabling the hotkey
Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#3 newbie1234

newbie1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

If it's a virus disabling the hot key it wasn't detected by trend micro and malwarebytes. So what do I do? Any suggestions? I use ELAN pointing device smart pad for my touchpad settings.

#4 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

please hold on while i try to get a bleeping computer pro to help
Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#5 newbie1234

newbie1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

Alright, holding.

#6 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:42 AM

have you tryed running a full scan with malware bytes?

#7 newbie1234

newbie1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

Yes I did, it detected two trojan agents in my registry values. I removed them and restarted my laptop bur the problem still persists.

#8 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

do you mind posting the logs of the viruses that your antiviruses found?

#9 newbie1234

newbie1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:47 AM

alright, hold on.

#10 newbie1234

newbie1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

Here's the log, thx for waiting.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.0.1200
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6959

Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

27/6/2011 11:39:59 PM
mbam-log-2011-06-27 (23-39-59).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|R:\|)
Objects scanned: 378219
Time elapsed: 58 minute(s), 40 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Windows Services (Trojan.Agent) -> Value: Windows Services -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Windows SafeAssist (Trojan.Agent) -> Value: Windows SafeAssist -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#11 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

go update malware bytes and rescan

#12 newbie1234

newbie1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

Alright, just updated and is now rescanning. This could take a while, though. I'll post the log again once it's done. Thx.

#13 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

go to the bleeping computer chat room

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users