Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do I install cube on ubuntu 10.4.0

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 al57

al57

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

I want to install cube in ubuntu 10.4 what package do I need to install from the software center and what are the steps for installation I use the
workspace which is good but I want to try the cube any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 whoabuddy

whoabuddy

Bleepin' Verbose

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,053 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

A quick Google search yields a a bunch of results showing how to enable the cube effect in Compiz, here's an article that has any additional download info you may need as well.
Meditate. Elevate. Appreciate. | "Life is a journey, love is the destination, happiness is the path!"
If I am helping you and have not responded within 48 hours, please send me a PM.
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici (VVVVV)
Excellent Security Advice
Proud member of UNITE

#3 al57

al57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

Thanks I did the search and found it now the problem is I keep getting a error message saying can't install compiz brother cups definitions needs to be removed
don't know how to remove this any suggestions

#4 Keith1

Keith1

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

Hi al57, I use a ton of Compiz effects, and I've never seen brother cups mentioned. I checked SPM and no items for it are installed. What you can do is open Synaptic Package Manager, type brother cups in the search area, and uninstall any instances you find.

Not sure just how you went about it, so here's the starting procedure I've used - -

System/Preferences/Appearance/Visual effects, then select extra - just let it install what it says.

Then go System/Preferences and select Compizconfig-settings-manager ( CCSM ) to start enabling stuff. If it's not there, you need to install it from Synaptic Package Manager.

I know there is a ton of stuff about the cube that comes up when you Google it, so here is my favorite one I've saved. When I went through it I had to keep pausing the video to write down directions.

Don't get discouraged - - - once you get the basics set up you will have a ton of fun with Compiz. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users