Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have over 8,000 administrative errors

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lil-tam

lil-tam

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:30 AM

Hello, I am new here and hoping I can find some help? I bought a brand new acer aspire computer from the store in july of last year,within the first few days I started having strange behaviors like not keeping settings such as my clock so i called the tech support # at acer and they told me how to fix it, then it was having erratic behaviors and the touch pad mouse would stop working. I called acer again and was told that I was infected and since then i have been trying to clean my computer, I have spent hours and days trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer. I was told that my computer is clean and to post in the software forum. Yesterday i found over 8,000 administrative errors and warnings and they were dated back 3 months before i purchased my computer brand new? I called acer again and they said no one has had my computer prior to me? The rep at acer tried to use my system restore disks to fix it but it wouldent work? I was told that I could buy the disks, I am really mad cause the errors were before i bought the computer and i am still under warranty? I do not have much knowledge about working on computers, so if anyone can help me that would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:35 AM

I wouldn't worry about "administrative errors and warnings" as long as the system is working okay. It's best to stay out of event viewer unless there's a specific reason to be there. On the other hand, the fact that the dates precede your purchase are interesting. BUT - you said there was a problem with the clock not being correct - any possibility that's the cause of the erroneous dates?

#3 lil-tam

lil-tam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

No I dont remember the date being wrong ,just the time? The computer has had many symptoms and strange behavior since i purchased it. thanks

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,568 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

Well, if it's still under warranty I'd send it back.

#5 BrendanT

BrendanT

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:06 PM

Could be a problem with the SOE that Acer deploys to that series of laptops. No one else would of had your laptop before hand but the images (SOE's) that they use to deploy the OS + other apps to laptops/computers would of been created a long time ago. I think this is the most likely reason why there are events in the EL's from a time before you got your laptop
-BrendanT

#6 lil-tam

lil-tam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

Does anyone know what dns client events, wlan-auto config, k57nd60a,kernal-power,user profile sevice, application error,service control manager, acpi,distributedcom, dhcp-client, side by side,time service, rasclient, dhcp-client? These are the main ones listed in event viewer. thanks

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,568 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:07 AM

I wouldn't worry about "administrative errors and warnings" as long as the system is working okay. It's best to stay out of event viewer unless there's a specific reason to be there. On the other hand, the fact that the dates precede your purchase are interesting. BUT - you said there was a problem with the clock not being correct - any possibility that's the cause of the erroneous dates?

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,397 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:40 AM

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users