Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

something running in the backround

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bradam

bradam

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

Computer gets real slow and about every other time when shuting down get a "close program now" box pop up that has something like WNNotifyWND in the blue title bar. Sometimes the box flashes so fast it is impossible to read other times it lingers for a bit before the shut down process starts and the 'saving settings...' screen comes up.

I run Bullguard antivirus and firewall. When I tried to run it in safe mode it froze. When I tried to delete the temp files manually in safe mode it froze. When I pulled the hard drive and slaved it, I was able to delete the temp files, and scan the drive. Nothing was found. I pulled the mem simm before putting the HD back in as master. There was quite an improvement, but then the same started again.

I've scanned with super anti-spy, adanced system care, and microsoft safety scanner.

I can tell that something is running in the backround. but can't find it. It seems that something is monitoring what is happening on this computer.

Have also followed the other rec's for slow comp's

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,314 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

Hello,
I take it the scans came back clean.

Let's STOP the Reboot loop

When running Windows and it crashes and you get a blue screen of death( BSOD ) with an error message and it will automatically restart, Most times it restarts too fast for you to see and read the error message. We are going to disable auto restart on system failure. So the screen will stop and you can copy down the complete error message. then someone here can help you better.

1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System (Windows+Pause works, too)
2. Go to Advanced
3. Under the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings...
4. Under System Failure un-check "Automatically restart"

Edited by boopme, 26 June 2011 - 06:21 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 bradam

bradam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

I don't get the BSOD. After hitting turn off in the standby, turn off, restart box is when the small "close program now" box displays.

All scans clean. except some spyware.

#4 bradam

bradam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

"auto restart" was already unchecked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users