Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

U.S. Veteran Faces Legal Action for Flying American Flag

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,971 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

foxnews
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

Without more information, I'm going to suggest that both parties are wrong.

The Home Owners Association (HOA) should have in its documentation the permitted way that an American flag may be displayed by the owners

and

the Veteran should recognize that living in an Home Owners Association does require some sort of conformity.

Here in Florida, for example, an HOA must allow owners to display the American flag, but they can (and each should) define the way it can be displayed. This allows any homeowner to display the flag whenever they wish.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 CFred

CFred

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:41 AM

News links gone, but I'll never fathom the big deal about flying a flag. Unless upside down or burning maybe. Amen for living in the boonies of Maine, no neighbors, can fly whatever one wants.

Kind of dense here, but it seems with so many rules/laws that don't make much sense, America isn't as free as I'd thought.

Gotta love life. :rolleyes:

#4 kad1960

kad1960

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

In England these days it is considered shameful and even racist to fly the flag of St George.I am not an 'out and out' nationalist but it is the NATIONAL flag last time i checked.

#5 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:04 PM

but I'll never fathom the big deal about flying a flag. Unless upside down or burning maybe

Playing devil's advocate I would suggest that according to everyone's right to free speech you are allowed to fly the American flag. Or burn it if you wish.

Or to put it another way...
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

Different link, but same individual and story: http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2011/06/22/retired-veteran-fights-for-right-to-fly-the-flag/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users