Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burn an MP3 CD but Change the Order of the Tracks

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:23 PM

I'm pulling my hair out here. :censored:
When I burn an Audio CD with Nero Burning Rom 9, it lets me rearrange the order of the tracks I want them put on the CD and also lets me customize the ID tags, and also even level the volumes plus a lot more.

I want to convert my Audio CD's to MP3 discs to play in my MP3 player. I know that you need to burn it as a "Data" disc or in some cases, an MP3 Jukebox CD.
However, after selecting the tracks, they are automatically placed in Alphabetical order and burned in that regard. I cannot drag and move them or find any option to put the songs in the order I want played on the disc.

How the crap do I do this? If Nero can't do it, what software can?

Thanks. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

A .mp3 CD is like the file system on your hard drive. The only way to make the tracks line up in the order you'd link is to prefix the tracks numerically (ie 1_trackname.mp3,2_trackname.mp3, and so on). Also your MP3 CD capable CD Player may have it's own rules and formats for how it will read discs and folder systems.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users