Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Prior ci.dll issues, now blue screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 leav620

leav620

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

I've had this computer for less than a month, and this already happens. Funny how the world works. I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit.

Mod Edit: Link to Win 7 thread, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic406194.html ~ Hamluis.

About a week ago, I had a problem with the ci.dll file (which a lot of people seem to be having lately). However, by booting up and telling my computer to ignore the drivers that were not properly functioning, I was able to get onto my computer. Once there, I used a program (Semantec, I believe) to detect the root of the problem and get rid of it (appeared to be some sort of Trojan)...everything was running fine after that for about a week until this occurred.

So I start Norton Anti-Virus for a full scan yesterday, and it gets about 3/4 of the way through before the laptop shuts down on its own. I figure maybe it finished earlier than I thought, so I attempt to boot up, and as it tries to start Windows, I get the wonderful blue screen.

Information on the blue screen reads:
"Stop 0x0000007B (0XFFFFF880009A97E8, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000D, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)"

When I attempt to do Statrup Repair, the information reads:
"Root Cause Found: Unknown Bugcheck: Bugcheck 109
Parameters= 0xa3a039d89ece68c8, 0xb3b7465ef14ca28a, 0xfffff80000bba5e0, 0x1)
Repair Action: System Files Integrity Check & Repair
Failed, Error Code= 0x490"

Windows 7 came preinstalled on the laptop, which means I have no reinstall disc
Please help!

Edited by hamluis, 27 June 2011 - 08:40 AM.
Added link to Win 7 topic, moved from MRL to AII, no logs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users