Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 minnie1967

minnie1967

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

I find my self back here again after searching countless hours on how my C drive is locked, I am the administrator,UCA is off, I've right clicked, tried changing my access and it just keeps coming back access denied. Vista by far is the most useless operating system ever invented. To me the answer is go online, go to tiger direct and just buy windows 7 and be done with it. Has anyone found out why your drive mysteriously locks and how to unlock it? As normal the computer didn't come with a recovery disk. Thanks! :P

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

Instead of ranting it would be helpful if you described your problem in detail. Exactly what are you trying to do and exactly what is happening?

#3 minnie1967

minnie1967
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

Instead of ranting it would be helpful if you described your problem in detail. Exactly what are you trying to do and exactly what is happening?

Lets see, Vista platform, C drive is locked, I'm the admin of the computer, it's denying me access to do just about anything IE delete files/folders, UAC (user account control) is off, which when off any user should have full control, I've gone into the properties tried selecting security and it won't allow me to add full control to my profile even though I'm the only user, pretty much like I said the C drive is locked. The windows crest is showing on the view of the C drive. Rebooting in safe mode does nothing because, I'm the only user.

Edited by minnie1967, 27 June 2011 - 08:25 AM.

#4 minnie1967

minnie1967
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

I also tried installing Winbubble and it would not install. If I try and switch access back to myself the first error that comes up is C:\pagefile.sys an error occurred while applying security information, the process can not access the file because it's in use by another program. Then Mcafee errors galore. Then C:\program files error, then C:\windows error, then C:\ error then it tells you unable to save permission changes on local disk C: access is denied.

Edited by minnie1967, 27 June 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#5 minnie1967

minnie1967
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:38 AM

I guess this place has gone down hill. Allan get his ranting in himself and that was about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users