Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:39 AM
Ok, I started having problems with a google redirect taking me to a malicious site and then infecting me with a trojan. This disabled all my programs, messed with my desktop, etc. This happened first on my desktop running Windows XP media edition and them on the laptop running Vista. Thought maybe it was the router but it's still set to automatic, not some malicious static IP address.
We have two accounts on the laptop and the other account does not seem to be infected.
I have made new "test" accounts on both computers and they seem to be fine but the original accounts get reinfected everytime I run a google search.
I keep updating Malwarbytes and it does fine and remove a Trojan but the problem keeps coming back. Am running Computer Associates anti-virus but it let the problem right on through.
Not sure where else to go with this and am looking for some expert help. Right now all my programs have disappeared from the start button and some won't work even if I access them through explore.