Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

uninstall AVG before running combofix?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 patriot 6.8

patriot 6.8

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

In my attempt to run the combofix software it has asked me to uninstall AVG. Is this normal? Also, if I uninstall, can I save AVG so I don't have to completely reinstall it again? My current issue is the computer screen continues to crawl up and down mostly when trying to use email but it also happens in other applications. Am I on right track?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

Combofix should not be run without experienced assistance, or without a clear idea of what the problem is. It would be better to provide a clear description of what is happening, how long it has been happening, and whether or not you think you have an infection.

AVG can frequently interfere with certain tools and may need to be removed if those tools become necessary.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users