Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox hijacked by Fileinxt.com when I visit Boost Mobile

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 socalmonk

socalmonk

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:33 AM

Hi, folks. I have just recently developed a bit of a problem. When I visit Boostmobile.com and attempt to log in, instead of being taken to my account page, I am taken to a different page,

"http://fileinxt.com/?dn=www.boostmobilecommunity.comfp=AQHo%2BiE0fq%2FqgMNBItDGJ0lK8dgy2Zw8j1VDPf%2BMghdUEHd67quIHMCFQALulHfVxcneSkGsULEGI6q4w5%2FxKQ%3D%3D&prvtof=Rkp4OkSQ9WfRUAQQ6PoBnGvC5r1xz7cz4WNJX%2FQr%2Fic%3D&poru=piRRViNPbScuOKd%2BTSe5C45GT71lniANnzYF1gQEOE4jEysndT7TR4Wv08KGxGEffv%2Br9iR%2BgAcZRmAxX7iwHjxxbG28qGwcvib993Ec%2B%2BqFV5RVYt3ThLmIGeOX4%2BKj&cifr=1&flrdr=yes&nxte=js.

Mod Edit: Disabled link ~ Hamluis.

It is a page of links to links to links. I'm not sure how recently this may have begun as I don't visit the boost site that often. Generally only to add funds. This only happens with Firefox at this point, IE8 seems OK. I am running XP pro SP3. Also using AVG 2011 free version and run Malwarebytes weekly. Neither of them is finding anything. I did recently install a tethering app on both my computer and my BlackBerry 8530, and thought that might be the source of the problem, as it also affects Opera Mini on the BlackBerry. I un-installed the app from my computer and the BB, but it hasn't helped. I also did a system restore to several days ago, before I installed the tethering app, Fixmo Extend. It is a beta release. Didn't help, and I could not undo the system restore. I have read a bit about the fileinxt.com re-director and nobody seems to know how to get rid of it, so I thought I had best come here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 26 June 2011 - 06:26 AM.
Disabled link, moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 socalmonk

socalmonk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

OK, I'm not getting any help here, so this is what I know at his point. This bug doesn't affect IE8, because when I go to a page that is infected using IE8, which I don't especially like, IE8 asks me if I want to see just the encrypted content or all the content. I opt for just encrypted, and no problem. If I opt for both encrypted and un-encrypted content, I get sent off into Fileinxt.com land. So it's a web page bug that exploits a weakness in Firefox (all version) and, apparently, Google Chrome as well. I have un-installed and re-installed Firefox, no change. Is my computer actually harboring a virus. or is this exploit just a weakness in Firefox (and reportedly in Google Chrome)?

#3 socalmonk

socalmonk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:29 PM

So, here is how to fix the Fileinxt.com bug for Firefox. Install Adblock Plus, if you haven't already, and add Fileinxt.com to your filter list. Thanks for the help, guys. I knew you could do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users