Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Documents Window Scrolls Too Fast

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hal06

Hal06

• Members
  • 926 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

Using Windows Vista Home Edition. When I open my documents folder, lately, I click on the scroll bar once and instead of scrolling down once it scrolls down once and then keeps going. Any ideas what could cause that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

What part of the scroll bar are you clicking on?

The empty portion, the bar itself, or the arrows?

#3 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 926 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

Using Windows Vista Home Edition. When I open my documents folder, lately, I click on the scroll bar once and instead of scrolling down once it scrolls down once and then keeps going. Any ideas what could cause that?

The scroll bar on the right. I click on the scroll bar under the tab that moves and instead of moving down once, it moves, stops as it should for a very brief portion of a second and then keeps scrolling down (or up).

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

If you click on the empty space below the bar it will continue to move and stop, but you must either have a mouse setting or something else that is causing it to move down after it stops.

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

#6 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 926 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

Frankly, I've had this problem for months and am just now posting about it. The only thing that I can think of is that the folder in question is very large, about 20.6 GB. Could that be an issue? Otherwise, I cannot think of any new that was added and then this problem began.

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:58 PM

I don't believe that shouldn't be an issue. Just for the heck of it, try a different file manager (here are 5 free options: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/the-5-best-windows-explorer-replacements/)

#8 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 926 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

Thanks.

#9 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

You're welcome, but I wasn't proposing that as a fix, just a troubleshooting step - unless you're happy with an alternate file manager (I use Directory Opus and would never go back to Explorer).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users