Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Jump Redirect / Combo Fix problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bob9209

bob9209

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:20 PM

Hey guys, let me start off by thanking you in advance for all the time you commit to helping us.

I have the jump redirect virus and from browsing around the internet, combo fix seems to be the easiest way to solve this problem. But when I try to launch combofix is says that avg scanner is running. I do not have avg installed on my computer to my knowledge and the application does not show up in the task manager and I do not know what the .exe would be in the processes list to identify and stop it. Is there any advice you can provide to help me get rid of the jump redirect virus OR advise me on the avg scanner and what harm that would cause my computer if I chose to ignore it and run combo fix anyway.

Thank you

Edited by hamluis, 25 June 2011 - 02:30 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:30 PM

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html

I will move your topic to the Am I Infected forum, to see about your malware issues.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users