Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fileinxt.com redirect from boostmobile.com


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 factotum

factotum

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:52 AM

Like user kulum who posted and closed, I too am experiencing redirection to boostmobilecommunity.com by fileinxt.com, rather than to my account.I am using Google Chrome. However, I think kulum's closing was premature. I have two boost accounts and only one is affected. The other allows login without a problem. So, I'm stuck. I've run Malwarebytes and a number of other utilities with no success. How would this redirection be specific to the boostmobile.com login of one account and not the other? Internet Explorer 9 doesn't have this problem with either boost account, so it seems to be specific to Google Chrome on my machine.

Edited by hamluis, 25 June 2011 - 12:48 PM.
No logs, moved from MRL to Am I Infected.


BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 jenimulw

jenimulw

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:10 AM

Like user kulum who posted and closed, I too am experiencing redirection to boostmobilecommunity.com by fileinxt.com, rather than to my account.I am using Google Chrome. However, I think kulum's closing was premature. I have two boost accounts and only one is affected. The other allows login without a problem. So, I'm stuck. I've run Malwarebytes and a number of other utilities with no success. How would this redirection be specific to the boostmobile.com login of one account and not the other? Internet Explorer 9 doesn't have this problem with either boost account, so it seems to be specific to Google Chrome on my machine.



I am having the same problem. have you had any luck with fixing it?

#3 B_Lucid

B_Lucid

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

I am having the same issue

#4 faceyagle

faceyagle

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

I'm having the same problem too. They keep deleting my posts on their facebook page too. They said they're "working on it" how hard is it to fix the website?

btw I tried firefox, google chrome, IE and Opera and it all does the same thing and redirects me to filenxt=boostmobilecommunity or something

Edited by faceyagle, 27 June 2011 - 01:44 PM.


#5 socalmonk

socalmonk

  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

OK, here's the dope. [[Fileinxt.com]] and several other addresses are web page bugs that exploit pages that use mixed encryption. I had the [[Boostmobile.com]] problem with Firefox but not IE8. IE8 was set to notify me of mixed content, and when I selected show only encrypted content, it worked OK. When I chose all content I was off to [[fileinxt.com]] land. Set your security warnings in IE to notify you of mixed content and choose only encrypted. For Firefox, install Adblock Plus and select a filter subscription (I use Easylist), and add [[fileinxt.com]] to your filter list. This works for other re-directed addresses, too. I don't use Chrome, so I am not familiar with it, but if you can opt to display only encrypted content on secure pages, try that. It also affected Opera Mini on my BlackBerry, which has a Unix OS. So I don't believe it's the device, computer or smartphone.

Edited by socalmonk, 27 June 2011 - 06:11 PM.


#6 factotum

factotum
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

I have no problems with IE9, only with Chrome. However, I was able to resolve my problem. I found some postings on the web indicating that the problem might be router related so here's what resolved my problem. I shut down all of my PC's and reset my router to it's default configuration. There's a reset button on the back of most which you can depress with a pen point. Then, I ran MalwareBytes on each PC while it was disconnected from the network. I then reconnected the PC's one by one, reconfigured the router and it's security and the problem was gone. I had run MalwareBytes before several times and every other malware software. The router appears to have been the culprit. Good luck and let us know if this helps.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users