Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank screen after disabling VGASave

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mattster

Mattster

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:20 AM

I know that there are plenty of topics already posted about this, but none of them really helped. You've probably seen this one before, but here's the story:

My mom got a new monitor. In attempt to get her resolution set to a 16:9 aspect, I tried installing the drivers that came with the monitor. They didn't work (big surprise from HP). After goofing around in the advanced display properties, I ended up disabling VGASave, not knowing that doing that would render the monitor useless. After booting, the screen is just blank. I read online to use the recovery console to re-enable VGASave, which I did. The recovery console said that it's already enabled. I then used Windows Narrator to work my way around and get into the device manager. There was no "display adapters" category in the list. I'm assuming that it didn't have any drivers for the video card, because there was an unknown device attached to the system. I tried finding drivers for the motherboard (on-board video), with no luck. I honestly do not know what to do. Please help!

The motherboard is an Acer M2N68-AM SE2. I'm using on-board video.

Thanks,
Matt

P.S. even things like TeamViewer won't render any graphics.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mattster

Mattster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:25 AM

Nevermind, this is solved: http://ask-leo.com/comments_002530.php?page=3

Sorry about that :/

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,560 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:47 AM

Thanks for letting us know...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users