Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Adapters missing connections

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AmazingTrans

AmazingTrans

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:48 PM

Hi there,

I have three problems and i couldn't figure out why is this happening and how can i repair it.

I have been having problem with my network adapters (wires, and wireless) where when it showed that it is connected, but there is no internet connection established. In the status screen for the network connections, the ip-addresses, gateway, dns, subnetmask, they are all empty. I am not sure why is this happening so frequent. When it happen always, i had to use a utility to reset tcp/ip and reset the winsock and restart the PC in order to get it working. Does anybody know why is this happening?

The other problem is when i start my computer, it always says loading startup script for a very long time. Where is this script located? I want to see what is it actually starting and why it takes so long.

And the same with shutdown and standby. It says loading those scripts, and it doesn't shutdown or standby. How can i fix this as well?

I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks a bunch!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users