Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop battery use

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SCR

SCR

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

I am frequently using my laptop in a room where power is available. Is it better to use the battery and then recharge perhaps three times per day, or is it better to just plug in the power supply and use that for the day? I have heard opinions both ways!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:58 PM

This still seems to be a hot topic. Some knowledgeable people state that keeping it plugged in will shorten battery life. Others, just as much in the know state that it is constant discharge and recharge that shorten battery life. The middle of the road users suggest running with it plugged in most of the time if that suits your use of the machine, and running the battery down once a month.

Mine is plugged in all the time, as I use it like a desktop. I have no need to run on battery. When I am done for the day, it is turned off. If you need to travel with it and rely on a healthy battery, it might be wise to check with the manufacturer's support for a diffinitive answer to the question for your particular machine.

#3 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

2 laptops here ,one is 3yrs and 1 is 2 yrs old, first one has been used and recharge constantly[by daughter for school and now me ] ,battery has been replace twice.other one is plugged in all day long[my wifes] only drained of battery power once in a while ,battery still good for 2 hrs + when use ,so i guess that's why is a up in the air answer

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users