Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying print notification bubbles

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KMF

KMF

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

This didn't quite fit into any particular category. OS is Windows 7. It's on a network at my job. EVERY time we have to print, a bubble pops up from the task bar announcing the print job has been sent to the printer. We used to be able to click settings on this and disable it or change the notification in preferences. Now it won't work. Even if you disable it in settings, the next time a print job is sent, it changes it back to the default. We've asked our IS dept to fix it but they seem to think there is no global fix for it. I could probably put up with it, but the print notificaton disables the window I'm working in, so I have to stop and grab my mouse EVERY SINGLE BLOODY TIME to get back into my window while the stupid bubble takes it's sweet time fading away?????

The only topics I've been able to find are for earlier versions of windows and don't work anymore. All the others recommend changing the registry which, clearly, I can't do (not that I haven't considered it!!!)

Any suggestions???? Please.....PRETTY PLEASE!!!! AND THANK YOU....

Edited by hamluis, 28 June 2011 - 04:55 PM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Win 7.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:54 PM

The seemingly obvious problem/solution, IMO...is corrupt software or print drivers. Reinstalling either/both is what I would do.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 28 June 2011 - 04:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users